1. Accredited academic excellence – TCA is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
2. Experience – Founded over 100 years ago, TCA continues to provide a quality and developmentally appropriate academic education for students in grades Pre-K through 8.
3. A diversified curriculum – TCA offers such courses as Computer Science, Music, Art, Library, Phonics, Penmanship, Spanish, Math, Social Studies, English, and Science. TCA is also proud to offer a total Reading experience incorporating reading, writing, language, and literature appreciation.
4. Low tuition rates – TCA tuition rates are significantly less than all the other private schools in the nation.
5. A Christ-centered education – Founded by St. Mary’s Parish in 1889, we integrate Catholic Doctrine, social justice, and moral integrity into our everyday experiences. We worship together at monthly liturgies where each grade has a chance to serve the school community.
6. Smart Classrooms – All classrooms are equipped with smartboards and are wired for Internet use. TCA has an aggressive technology plan in place.
7. Physical Education – Is offered to our students on a weekly basis. Students are trained and encouraged to participate in a community “Fun-Run/Walk” and in the American Heart Association’s “Jump-Rope-a-Thon”. Other fun includes “Winter Games” and “Field Day” at Camp Foskett.
8. Fine Arts – Besides weekly class, every year students are encouraged to audition for and perform in a major musical production. Singers, dancers, actors, and technical volunteers are all needed. TCA also has a school choir that meets after school and serves at all school liturgies. The choir also performs at our annual school Christmas concert as well as at other venues in the community.
9. Cultural awareness – Students in grades K through 8 study Spanish to gain facility in the speaking, reading, and writing of the language, and to develop an appreciation of other cultures.
10. Cafeteria – TCA has a full-functioning cafeteria and “hot lunch” is available for purchase.
11. Transportation – Busing is available to all Southbridge residents who meet the mileage requirements as stated by the town.
12. Sports – TCA offers interscholastic sports for boys and girls on Varsity and Junior Varsity levels. Programs include Basketball (as part of the I-395 League), Cheering, Competitive Cheerleading, Soccer, and Running.
13. Student Leadership – The Faith In Action Team (FIAT), Student Council, and National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), are three opportunities that TCA is proud to offer to our students at the junior high level. Student Council, which hosts MANY fun activities, also includes grade 5.
14. After-school Program – This program is offered (for a very affordable fee) to all TCA students. Playtime, snack, and homework all happen between 2:45pm and 5:30pm.
15. Sense of Family – Above all TCA is a family where mutual respect, encouragement, and genuine interest in the educational development of our students is fostered and expected.